There’s nothing more glorious than preparing for your own wedding. While this special celebration can be fun and exciting, you need to start doing your homework as early as possible. Lack of preparation can turn your biggest day into a disaster.
To get everything in order, feel free to use this step-by-step wedding planning timeline.
The timeline depends on how big the wedding celebration would be. On average, most couples would plan for 12 months to make sure they can cover everything. At this stage, you should also consider hiring an event management service in Denver.
Here’s a monthly checklist for your reference:
Few Weeks After Getting Engaged
- The first thing you need to do is to discuss with your other half the ideal wedding you have in mind. This includes the theme and other details. Make sure you are both on the same page.
- Start setting a budget plan.
- Make a draft of the guest list. Decide on the number of guests you want to invite.
- Choose initial wedding dates.
- List down potential venues and ceremonial locations.
- Check out some jewelry stores for the wedding rings and bands.
- Organize an engagement party (optional).
10-12 Months Before the Wedding
- Finalize and book the venues.
- Look for wedding services and suppliers. These include the photographer, videographer lights and sounds, florists, invitation printing, cake, decorations, hair and makeup, etc.
- List down different options for the food. Consider getting reliable catering services.
- Check out more wedding themes and other inspiration for the venue setup and ceremonial location.
- Start looking for an ideal wedding dress or suits. This should include the outfits for your entourage. Make sure they match the wedding theme.
- Start sending you wedding invitations.
- Meet up with the bridesmaids or groomsmen to discuss the critical details.
Six to Eight Months Before the Wedding
- Make reservations for your guests. Try to make a draft for the seating plan.
- Coordinate with your venue stylists. Look for décor hire companies for backup.
- Finalize your wedding cake.
- Schedule the pre-marriage counseling – if required by the church or celebrant.
- Book your honeymoon flight.
Five Months Before the Wedding
- Finalize your wedding dress with your couture. Keep in mind that most shops require at least five months. Rush order can be risky and requires additional fees.
- At this point, the bridesmaids and the groomsmen should be finalizing the hen/stag parties.
Four Months Before the Wedding
- Finalize the outfit for your entourage.
- Organize all the legal documents.
- Coordinate with the person in charge of the ceremony.
- Book the bridal car and other transportation services.
- Coordinate with your hair and make-up stylists.
Two to Three Months Before the Wedding
- Finalize the food menu.
- Get the Wedding Rings you ordered.
- Order the souvenirs for the guests.
- Buy shoes and other accessories you need.
- Prepare a Wedding Playlist
- Finalize the program
Now, you can reserve the final month for other things you need to adjust. For better results, consider hiring a wedding planner to help you with all the preparations.